Tuesday 14 May 2013

Ya! I Love You! [Chapter 1]



-1-
The smell of cake flooded through an open window.  Many people entered the bakery to buy bread, ice cream, cake, juice, and other cold meals on this warm dry air. Since the bakery has good air conditionings than other, many people visited this place.
My name is Yoo Min Yun. I am a last grade student who is waiting for admission announcement from Seoul Institute of The Arts. My friend Hana and I are working at this old bakery as a part time job. We worked here as waiters. I have to work this part time job because I need the money for school intuition fees.
Someone pushed the bakery door.
“Annyeong hasseo, welcome to Crown Bakery,” I bowed.
The guy who just entered the bakery smile while he put off his hat then walked to empty seat.  He had light pale skin. Gosh! He’s so cute. I  gave the menu list to him.  Again, he  smiled.
“I want a cheese cake and strawberry juice,” he said quickly.
“Ok wait a moment please,” I wrote down the ordered then I wrote down the ordered then I turned away and scurried to the kitchen only a few feet from his table, Hana's eyes couldn't pull away from him. I bumped her arm to get her off of her daydream.
“Order number twenty!” someone shouted from the kitchen. A white cheesecake on a small white plate and a cup of pinkish red strawberry juice sat on a silver tray. I took it when Hana suddenly quickly seized the tray.
 “Yun-a, let me handle this,” she said with a determined look in her eye. I let her do what she pleased, staying behind the large grey register.
He seems to be waiting for someone since he is always looked at his black watch every minute. I looked out into the barren street. No one else seemed to be coming. Who’s the person he waiting for? I wondered to myself.
Twenty minutes later, he finally got up then paid his meal. His face dropped in slight disappointment. However, he smiled at me when I gave back his change.
“Thank you for coming!” Hana’s shouting everyone around us looked at her
Aigoo! He’s so damn cute! Why couldn’t he stay here for more?” Hana shook my shoulders.
Ya! Stop it!” I tried to release her tight grip “stop acting like you’ve just seen a famous celebrity, it’s ridiculous.”
“Ridiculous? Yun-a! Are you crazy or what? He’s a real celebrity, he’s a singer!  You have a television in your home, don’t you?”
“H-hee is.. wh-what?” I stuttered.
“I said he is a singer. He is Yang Yoseob. Don’t you realize that the people whispered while looking at him while he was here?” I shook my head.
“Ah, come on!”
Ya! What are you talking about? Don’t gossip here. Just do your work,” said Mr. Lee, the owner of Crown Bakery. We hadn’t realized that Mr. Lee was watching us.
“I’m sorry, Mr. Lee, mianhae,” We bowed, then focused on the costumer.
The sun starting to disappear, the clock at bakery walls showed 5 pm, it’s time to go home. 
“Good bye, Yun-ah! See you tomorrow!” Hana waved.
“Bye!”
I took the subway home, the big loud metal contraption stopping at its regular stops. Crowds of people were shoved into the tiny space. Seats filled with people. I had to stand.  
I stood beside a guy who wore black hat and white mask that covered his nose and mouth.  His head phone plugged in his ears.  He stares at me for a long time. It’s makes me uncomfortable.
Ya! What are you looking at?”
“Nothing,” he shooked his head. It’s really weird. He’s like a creeper!
“Excuse me, are you that girl who worked at Crown Bakery?”
Ne, how do you know?”
“Your two hair braids makes you guys easy to remembering you.”
What? He noticed my hair style? I wonder.
He put his mask off and smiled. Oh God, that cute smile again!
“You..,” I couldn’t continue my words. I was too surprised to see that mesmerizing smile.
“Yoseob imnida,” He introduced himself.
“I’m Yoo Min Yun. Funny, how we could meet again, especially here” Yoseob smirked.
“By the way, where you goin?”
“I’m going home,”
Yoseob laughed. I felt my answered sounded silly. 
“Hyeohyon. I live in Hyeohyon,” Now I think my answer sounds specific enough.
Ah, arasseo,” Yoseob nodded, he looked off somewhere, as though imaging it for himself.
The subway came to a halt, it's my stop. Hyeohyon station.
“I have to go, Yoseob-sshi, nice to meet you,” Now I trying to be cute and funny as the same time.
“Nice to meet you too. Take care!”
I left out the subway then turned back to see him once again. I could see him wearing his mask, he was waving his hand. He’s sooo kind. Now I couldn’t forget either his cute smile or his  sparkling eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dua Puluh Tahun

Tenang, kali ini kita tidak akan bertemu aku 20 tahun lalu. Haha. Dua puluh tahun adalah alasanku 'menolak' orang yang pertama kali ...